Friday, November 14, 2008

Chasing the Sun....

Several weeks ago, I was invited to attend the 3rd annual High Desert Shorts International Film Festival in Pahrump, Nevada.  My short film, WELCOME TO THE PARTY, had competed and won in the SCI-FI/HORROR category.  My good friend, and actor in the short, Daniel Noa, joined me on the trip to the festival.  The festival coordinator, Tony Mendoza, and founder, Linda Kass were totally welcoming to us, and they even showed the trailer for NO GREATER LOVE during the awards show.  This was the first time I had ever won first place in any festival for any film I had worked on, it was quite a thrill.  We had a wonderful time at the festival, and I hope it continues to grow from year to year...


Daniel and I spent a bit of the next day in Las Vegas, stopping by on the way back to Southern California.  Las Vegas is really a spectacular place... and full of awesome photo ops.  I was also happy to find the restaurant inside the Venitian that I hadn't been to for three or four years, but fondly remembered... it was just as good :)

We finally left Vegas on Sunday afternoon, around 3pm, and "chased the sun" all the way to California... 

No comments:

Blog Archive