Saturday, September 15, 2007

Stuff, Stuff and more Stuff!

Ok, lots of cool cool things to share today! :)

First, I found out on Friday that Smuggler's Ransom is a semi-finalist at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival! http://www.independentchristianfilms.com/ That means we're in the running for the Best of Festival Jubilee Award! I am really excited, and I'll be going out to San Antonio for the festival! (October 19-21).

Second, I wanted to tell you all about a band a few of my friends started. It's called The Ivy Street Band. They have a really cool sound (I think) and I'm trying to help get the word out about their band... so check them out on their website http://www.ivystreetband.com Be sure to listen for some rocking mandolin and banjo ;)

And finally! I am working hard on a new faith-based feature film script titled: Turning Point. I started this week, and I'm about 1/4 done with the first draft. It's really turning out nice, and I'm excited to finish my first full length script! I could use prayer though, it gets quite annoying and challenging, especially considering I don't consider myself much of a writer, even though I really enjoy it.

Anyway, there's my new news! Hope everyone who reads this is doing great!

2 comments:

Ginafish said...

I light a candle for you at http://light-a-candle.org (although I'm not Catholic) :) I hope you feel inspired!

Anonymous said...

It's really great to see so much interest in Christians making quality films with a positive message. I just wish that Doug Phillips wasn't behind the SAICFF. He's not doing a good job of being an honest film maker himself. Too many bad stories about him making fake documentaries like Raising The Allosaur for example.

Blog Archive